Pages

8/17/13

Torrid black wash & dark wash stiletto skinny jeans smell like vinegar

A Torrid facebook fan mentioned a vinegar/barn smell coming from her pants. This seems to happen alot not only with their graphic tees, but also the dark/black wash jeans. I do not have any tips, fortunately I was able to get the smell out of my shirt just by washing it. If anyone has any helpful tips for getting the smell out, please feel free to share.

Has anyone out there figured out how to get rid of that nasty vinegar/barn smell that the dark and black wash denim have?? I use the same washer as the rest of the people in my apartment and cannot open the door once the cycle has started to be able to add anything. I have heard about adding vinegar and baking soda, but I don't know how vinegar would help something that already reeks--every single pair of darker washes have this smell...I'd love to keep the black stiletto skinnys I just got but the smell is overpowering--any tips??


3 comments:

  1. I just googled this because I'm so frustrated with how my black pair of jeans (similar to the pic) smell, too!!! I've washed and washed them and the t-shirt I bought is a light pink faded one and it has a faint smell too!!! :( I wash both of them and hang them to air dry because drying them in the dryer seems to bring the smell out more... :( Sad because I really like their clothes but am afraid to buy more now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I finally had to Google this. I bought these jeans a couple months ago and they still stink!! I don't know what to do because I absolutely LOVE the way they fit and look on me, but that smell is awful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently experienced the same issue I tried oxi, vinegar, air dry and nothing works body heat makes the smell come back. Call customer service and complain what do you have to lose

    ReplyDelete