Pages

7/30/22

the best fsa hsa eligible ice packs on Amazon for pain relief

I have a few hundred dollars worth of ice packs. How I use them is for migraine/headache relief, recovery after a work out, and to cool down on a hot day. In this post, I will tell you which ones are worthy of your fsa/hsa dollars, and which ones I would pass on. 

 

BUY! The Revix migraine ice head wrap is excellent for dulling my headache pain. Love this and am considering purchasing another for those extreme, all day migraine headaches.

 

Before I purchased the head wrap, I was using the Thrive gel bed hot & cold mask. Those worked ok, gel beads stay cool for maybe 20 minutes, but I was using on my head instead of my eyes. If using for eyes, I would say it is worthy of your fsa/hsa dollars. When I purchased them in April 2022, they had some available for purchase with your fsa/hsa dollars, but I no longer see that option available. 

 

Even though I received a defective cold pack, I would still re-purchase the FlexiKold Gel oversize cold pack. This is one of the largest sizes that is fsa/hsa approved. On my first order I received a cold pack with tons of air in it. I even tried to distribute the gel in the pack but there was still about 5 inches of air. I purchased another, and the 2nd ice pack seemed to be full of gel through out the entire pack.

 
These revix wrist ice packs are ok. Doesn't cover my thumb/under thumb area which is where I need pain relief the most. I would recommend if you need pain relief on your wrist, center of palm, and top of your hand. They're also reversible, one side is nylon and the other is a plush velvet feel material.
 

 
 
 
I've ordered the Thrive ice packs 6 times! These are probably my favorite out of all my ice packs. They're thick, full of gel, durable, and stay cold for a very long time. I use them for my feet, back, and arms. No leaks to report, and some I've had since 2020.
 

 
 
Although the Kanjo ice roller is no longer available on Amazon, if it does come back, I do recommend. No issues, and helps relieve tmj face pain in the morning. 

 
Pass on the Revix ankle foot ice packs. They don't stay cold for long. I would recommend the thrive ice packs, at least for the bottom of your feet.
 
 
I would also pass on these thrive round hot & cold ice packs. They don't stay cold for too long since it's gel beads. Only recommend if you're sensitive to cold, then I would say it's worthy of your fsa/hsa dollars. With the gel beads it's not as intense as a liquid gel pack. I like to freeze my pain, and while this offers a tiny bit of relief, I need a gel ice pack to penetrate my pain.

 
The recoup fitness massage roller does stay cold for hours. Highly recommend, and have purchased two. I would even say this is gift worthy for someone into fitness & health stuff.
 

 
 
Overall, top picks I would recommend spending your fsa/hsa dollars on are the thrive gel packs, Revix migraine head wrap, recoup fitness massage ball, and FlexiKold packs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment