Pages

8/2/13

re: Torrid Sizing Review

Sizing review for:

Shirts/Tops: My bust is 45" and I wear a size "2" in Torrid tops. For graphic tees this is spot on for the most part. There have been some graphic tees I have purchased and they fit fine in the bust area, but are SUPER long and make me feel like I am wearing a dress. This is why I wish Torrid would list the sizing of the length of the shirts. This would make my online shopping experience even more convenient. For myself, I have noticed that lengths that are longer than 29" tend to be the one that looks like I'm wearing a dress (I'm 5'1").
*Another note: in my experience "dolman" tops run large. I go one size down. I once bought a dolman top, and kept it thinking it would shrink. NOPE.Click the link to read more about it.

Jeans: Accord to Torrid I'm a size 22 due to my 42" waist. This is NOT the case. I do not fit in their size 22, but rather size 18. If I were to wear a 22, they would be baggy, and just not look right.

Underwear: Also according to Torrid sizing chart, I wear a size 3 underwear. Also not true, I have purchased many size 3 underwear thinking they would shrink in the wash. WRONG. They only got baggier in the butt, but they did fit me in the waist. Over time I ended up throwing most of the size 3 underwear out, too much baby diaper, not sexy at all! If I buy a 2, they are tight in the butt area and waist. I do not win at wearing Torrid underwear. I just buy fruit of the loom now, even though they are not as pretty as Torrid's selection. :(



1 comment: